Contract of Service by :
Ash White Dove Photography
Terms and conditions on which Ashley White at Ash White Dove Photography shall provide photography services to you.
1. It is mutually agreed that the following terms of agreement form an integral part of this contract and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless agreed by both parties in writing.
2. This contract for wedding photography services is effective from the date it is signed/agreed by the client.
3. The photographer will only deal with matters concerning the contract or booking with the client.
4. The photographer agrees to be in attendance on the date shown and to provide the photographic package chosen by the client.
5. The photographer cannot be held responsible for the lack of coverage caused by the couple or other members of the wedding party not being ready on time, available nor by restrictions placed on the photographer by officials at the ceremony venue. As a documentary style photographer there is no guarantee of any specific picture, background, location prop or arrangement, nor can the photographer guarantee that every guest will be photographed.
6. The photographer will discuss a shot list with the client prior to the wedding to outline the normal shooting plan at every wedding. It is noted that Ash White Dove Photographys photographic style is creative/documentary and informal so group shots will be kept to a maximum of 5. You will receive a timeline form about 9 weeks before the wedding (which can be completed online) and must be completed no later than 21 days prior to the wedding.
7. Whilst the photographer shall endeavour to fulfil all the Clients’ requirements, they cannot be held responsible for non-availability of subjects or adverse conditions which may delay the progress of proceedings, preventing the coverage of certain specified shots. Ash White Dove Photography will not photograph ceremonies (on full day packages) later than 1pm during the months of November, December and January due to lack of light inhibiting daylight portrait time.
8. The photographer will be the only hired shooter for the wedding and this means that at times some guest photography will be restricted, e.g. during portraits. Flashes from guests’ cameras may ruin shots taken by the photographer, therefore the clients acknowledge that they are responsible for notifying all of their guests that guest photography is not permitted at any time whilst the professional photographer is in a portrait session. Ash White Dove Photography is extremely flexible and understands that other guests will want their own images, but the client is paying for Ash White Dove Photography to be there and in order to provide you with the product you deserve, it is imperative for guests to work with the photographer rather then against. It is recommended that you ask your guests to refrain from using their cameras and phones during the ceremony to prevent isle shots from being ruined by arms holding out phones or guests stepping out in to the isle to take photos during the bride or grooms entrance. This is known as an Unplugged Wedding and the person conducting the ceremony can request this before the ceremony.
9. The photographer will give suggestions for location photographs but will not be liable for the guarantee of the use of the location nor any charges. The photographer is not liable for any damage caused to the couples clothing or their safety during the portrait session as the clients permission on location choice will be sought before the session. The client can change the portrait location at any time during the session.
10. It is agreed that the photographer will not tolerate abuse from suppliers or guests.
11. The photographer agrees that every effort will be made to provide the highest quality photographic services in the prevailing conditions. If the wedding has heavy rainfall photography might be restricted in order to protect equipment, this may reduce coverage.
12. Due to a variety of lighting conditions and the limitations of professional film or digital capture, some colours may alter slightly throughout a set of photographs. Please note that certain colours do not reproduce exactly on photographic film or paper unless printed.
13. In booking the photographer, you have taken into consideration the photographers documentary & creative style and are granting artistic licence in all aspects relating to the photography of your wedding.
14. The photographer shall perform post production work to the extent which the photographer in their judgement deems necessary for the satisfactory production of the photographs. Photoshop corrections such as skin softening, blemish or object removal is not included but can be performed for an additional cost.
15. The photographer may use their judgement in respect of image composition, colour balance, poses, angles, cropping ratios, exposure, lighting and any and all other aspects of photography in the production and post production of the Photographs. Colour is always chosen over black and white, black and white is only used where lighting is poor or where the photographer deems the use suitable, for example, in poor lighting or artistically. The client can request some black and white images in colour at the photographers discretion but there will be a fee applied to do so.
16. The client may not reject Photographs on the basis of taste or composition.
17. The client will receive the 'photographers selection' of images from the wedding edited to a professional standard, the client will not receive every photograph taken on the day and the client will not receive RAW files.
18. No one other than the photographer is permitted to edit any photographs provided by the photographer. This includes the use of square cropping and filters used on social media. The client will receive high resolution and also social media sized images on their USB.
19. In the unlikely event of total photographic failure, equipment failure, hard drive failure, memory card failure, theft, death, injury or illness, accident or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the photographers control, the photographers liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid minus travel/accommodation costs and the photographer shall not be responsible for other consequential damages, emotional or otherwise.
20. If the photographer is unable to attend the wedding due to illness or any other unforeseen circumstances preventing their attendance the photographer will do their best to find a replacement photographer who shares a similar style and ethos.
21. The Photographer shall retain the right to use any image to advertise or otherwise promote their services at any time and in any place.
22. The photographer retains the copyright of all images taken and these may be used for advertising, social media or promotional purposes at the photographers discretion. In accordance with the GDPR you are agreeing to this at the signing of this contract. The photographer also retains the right to restrict the client from giving the images to any third party for advertising without permission from the photographer. Suppliers wishing to use images must contact the photographer for permission before use. If the client would like to use their images for anything other than personal use, permission must be sought. The client is allowed to print and share on social media for personal use only.
23. The photographer reserves the right to bring one assistant to the wedding at no further expense to the client unless a second shooter is specifically requested by the client.
24. The client is responsible for ensuring that the digital files are kept safe and it is recommended that they are stored in two places. Ash White Dove Photography is under no obligation to keep or store copies of the digital files.
25. Due to storage limitations Ash White Dove Photography cannot guarantee storage after 12 months. Galleries (where prints can be ordered) are only guaranteed for 4 months.
26. The photographer agrees that the price agreed will not be subject to any subsequent rises within the Ash White Dove Photography pricing structure.
27. Travel/Accommodation Destination weddings (outside the UK): The cost of a Destination Wedding package covers, flights, baggage, insurance, accommodation for 3 nights - 2 nights before incase of flight delays and to scout the location/area - and the night of the wedding and any travel/transfer costs from the airport and/or between venue locations.
28. Travel/Accommodation UK weddings: To ensure your photographer does not encounter traffic delays, accidents or severe weather conditions that may prevent the photographer from arriving on time for your wedding (particularly Friday-Sunday) it is agreed that the photographer may decide that accommodation is required for the night before the wedding if travel to your venue is over 1 hour and/or includes a busy motorway or is on a weekend or Bank Holiday. Occasionally accommodation is also required the night of the wedding if it is further than 2 hours away) £100 per night will be added to the package for the photographer to secure accommodation close to the venue If applicable, this would have been discussed with you in your meeting or by email. If you are unsure about anything, contact your photographer. Scotland/Ireland: The wedding package covers, flights, baggage, insurance, accommodation for 2 nights - 1 night before and the night of the wedding and any travel/transfer costs from the airport and/or between venue locations.
London weddings: Travel to London will be by public transport due to parking difficulty and a taxi home will be required for safety of the photographer and care of your images and expensive equipment. £100.00 will be added to your invoice towards travel back to BN2.
29. Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (hereinafter referred to as “the Distance Selling Regulations”), you as a consumer are entitled to cancel your contract with Ash White Dove Photography within 14 days of agreeing the terms. After 14 days the fee is non-refundable and non transferable to any other products or services.
30. Payment of the booking fee means that the client has read and agreed to the terms of contract.
31. The client agrees to pay the balance of the photography package 30 days or 1 month before the wedding on full day photography packages. Example, wedding date: 16th July, balance due date 16th June. If the full fee is not paid before the due date then it is deemed that the booking is cancelled. The client is advised to make a note of this date in their diary.
32. In the event of the couple requesting to cancel their booking the couple will lose the 50% booking fee. If the wedding is cancelled by the couple for any reason 6 months or less prior to the wedding day the couple are agreeing to pay the full balance of the photography package due to the probability of having turned several couples away for your date.
33. If the booking is 4 or more hours in duration the client is required to open a beverages tab and for a guests meal to be available for the photographer which will be taken at the same time the clients and their guests eat, normally in a room next to where the wedding breakfast is taking place. Photographers dietary requirements: none
34. If the client decides on the day that they would like the photographer to stay longer it will be agreed that the photographer will charge per additional hour (details on invoice) and this will need to be paid no later than 7 days after the wedding. Images will not be released to the client until the balance has been paid.
35. If you have booked by the hour (for example 3 hours for a mid week booking) or the wedding is taking place within 5 months of the booking payment is required in full at the time of booking and the fee will be lost if cancelled after the 14 day cooling off period.
36. Videography: Due to having worked with many unprofessional videographers Ash White Dove Photography will not take responsibility for having had images ruined by videographers not knowing how to work alongside a photographer. As your chosen photographer your videographer must only supply you with film and not stills, the client is responsible for mentioning this to their videographer. Your images are priority and therefore it is important to have a videographer that can work well alongside a photographer.